We had often heard about an important quote that is, ‘health is wealth’ which indicates the importance of maintaining good health for everyone. To lead a healthy life a person must be physically and mentally fit and fine.
The basic essentials needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle includes adopting physical fitness by exercising daily, cleanliness, and other most important and significant one is consumption of the balanced diet. A diet which contains adequate quantity of nutrients like fats, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals that is required for our body
Different foods have different proportions of nutrients present in them. Like grains have protein and fiber, meat/fish or egg have minerals and vitamins, and vegetables have all nutrients, especially beams, peas, cabbage, eggplant, etc. In this article, we will explore about eggplant and whether it is good diet for human.
It is also known in different name such as aubergine in Europe and brinjal in South Asia and Africa. It is believed this species originated from India or Africa.
According to global production in the year 2016 it is estimated around 51.3 million tonnes of eggplants were produced. Globally China and India are leading producers and consumers of eggplant followed by Egypt, Turkey and Iran.
Benefits of eggplant.
- Eggplant contains high amount of nutrients like carbohydrates, fat, Protein, minerals and vitamin E, C and K which is very essential for improving our health. These are the following benefits of having eggplant in as a balanced diet.
- Improves heart health.This is due to the fiber which helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol that a body absorbs by binding with digestive system’s bile.
- Help in digestion.The high fiber content in eggplants, which help in maintaining a balanced diet, is a best way to improve the gastrointestinal health.
- Improve bones health.It is one of the unique benefits of an eggplant. The iron and calcium found in eggplants are important for preserving overall bone health. It also reduced osteoporosis, stronger bones, and even increased bone density.
- Increase brain function.It has adequate natural chemicals like phytonutrients, which will help in improving mental health. This is the result of increased blood flow throughout the body and into the brain. By delivering more blood to the brain, phytonutrients help in boosting memory by stimulating the neural pathways to develop.
- Help in weight loss.It has high fiber and low in calories, which avoid excess fats, and thus, help weight loss. Fiber moves through the digestive tract slowly and can help fullness and satiety and reducing calorie intake.